When the town of Sandwich was a borough, the villages of Ash, Eastry, Woodnesborough & Worth were included in the 'Sandwich area'.
St. Nicholas Church Ash
The village of Ash, also known as Ash-Next-Sandwich, is 3 miles from Sandwich, on the Roman road to Canterbury. Nearby is an ancient Saxon cemetery at Guilton.
The church of St. Nicholas, parts of which date back to approx. 1190, has a 15th century tower and a spire which can be seen for many miles around.
When visiting the church it is worth noting:
It was written some time ago but the history & places are still relevant also it's in English, French, German and Dutch.
Please note that Open Sandwich bears no responsibility for the availability, content and services of 3rd party & external websites & web pages.
Open Sandwich: promoting Sandwich around the world since 1998 | Locally Designed & Hosted by Open Sandwich Design 2016